Saturday, December 27, 2008

after reading the magnacoaster thread on energeticforum.com

I was going to post something to this effect previously but I do too much theory (heaps of spare time at work, none at home) and not enough actual experimentation...

I once posted a youtube video where I was using a relay to pulse an ignition coil. I now know that the power source I was using didn'tt have enough amperage and I should have used a condenser across the relay to supress sparking on the relay contacts..

BUT, I thought to myself, maybe I can make the 'on' time of the relay less, or reduce amps drawn, by putting a permanent magnet behind the relay coil, so less energy is needed to create a magnetic field strong enough to open the contacts.

I superglued the magnets (just ceramic ones, not neomagnets) onto the relay case, and it flipped over and stuck beside the coil near the sparking relay contacts.

I though, cool, I'll supress the sparking too so off time is quicker..

In the end I was just moving little magnets around the relay both north and south directions, watching the voltage output of the ignition coil to find sweet spots.

SO, when I was reading this thread and thinking of bedini systems that capture the voltage spike of a collapsing magnetic field in a coil, just like a stone dropped into a pond will create a particle column of water...

I started thinking, to throw the stone would create a bigger splash. Why not have a coil around a permanent magnet, with the coil collapse being reinforced by the magnetic field. Initially you would have to 'turn off' the magnet by cancelling out the magnetic field (exactly?) by pulsing the coil for just long enough for it to reach it's peak energetic state (i the coil's natural resonance time)

Then, possibly this coil could be bifiliar wound, and using the supported magnetic field collapse, capture the intense bemf.

If it breaks out of linear operation, and chaos takes over, the equations governing the relationship of electric circuits will no longer apply because it will be nonlinear.

Sorry if this post unintelligible, it just starts forming in my head when I write.

No comments: